Slender legs are every woman’s dream. They attract the views of the opposite sex and make you feel confident in a short skirt. In addition to aesthetic beauty, the absence of fat will save you from health problems: you will be less tired, and you will forget about the swelling of your legs. The reasons for the formation of extra centimeters on the hips can be:
- Natural necessity (fat is stored in reserve for a successful pregnancy);
- Genetics (many women are prone to being overweight from birth);
- Improper nutrition (cheap foods or foods with a high calorie content, prevailing on the menu);
- Lack of physical activity (sedentary work, unwillingness to visit the gym, constant loss of strength).
There are no exercises that are aimed at losing weight on a specific part of the body – fat deposits are burned throughout the body. The most effective leg slimming exercises are needed to tone the muscles, accentuate their relief and prevent the formation of “orange peel” or stretch marks after weight loss. To achieve the effect, it is important not only to exercise correctly and regularly, but also to monitor your diet .
Effective exercises for slimming legs: home complex
There is no need to buy an expensive fitness membership, most of the exercises are done at home without additional equipment. To make it more comfortable for you in jumping and static positions, lay a rug on the floor. It is needed so that the legs do not slip, as well as to cushion movements.
Exercise “Butt Kicks”
Take the starting position: stand up straight, do not hunch your back, lower your hands along the body, look in front of you, do not lower or lift your head.
- Do a regular run in place, but so that after pushing off the floor, the heel of the jogging leg touches the buttocks.
- You don’t need to push off too hard, you just need to press the calf closer to the back of the thigh.
- To control the force of the impact, you can put your palms in front of the buttocks.
Perform 2-3 sets of 10-15 touches of the priests with each leg, rest between sets should not exceed 40 seconds. Then move on to the second exercise.https://www.youtube.com/embed/-dtvAxibgYQ
Running with a high hip lift
Take the starting position again, as in the previous lesson. If in “Butt Kicks” the legs were pulled back, here the problem is the opposite.
- Stretch your arms out in front of you, turn your palms towards the floor and lower your hands to hip level.
- Transfer the weight of your right leg to your toes, push off the floor and touch your right palm with your knee.
- Repeat the same with your left foot. Do 10-15 reps for each leg and rest.
Both exercises not only strengthen the thighs and calves, reduce body fat, but also strengthen the respiratory system, which will be beneficial for more challenging workouts.https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q6wLjVizmGg
Of all the exercises for thin legs, this is the most affordable – you can do it at home, in the gym, on the bus, in the office, on one leg, with a bag in your hands, and so on.
- Stand straight with your feet together or just shoulder width apart.
- Task: to rise on your toes, as if you are reaching for something on the top shelf of the rack.
- Lower yourself gently to full feet and repeat the exercise.
If it is difficult to maintain balance, you need to put your legs wider, or help yourself with your hands, holding on to the wall. If the exercise is too easy, do it on one leg.https://www.youtube.com/embed/mP0tZALVXvs
Exercise is needed to strengthen the back of the thigh and develop balance:
- Take the starting position: stand up straight, hands along the body;
- Lean forward with a straight back, at the same time transfer your body weight to one leg, take the other back without bending;
- To maintain balance, arms can be spread apart;
- Hold the pose for 15-20 seconds, return to the stance and repeat the movement on the other leg.
Plank leg raises
- Stand in support lying, elbows are exactly under the shoulders;
- The body should be flat, the pelvis in line with the body – not raised or lowered;
- Get used to this position and lift one of the legs as high as possible;
- Hold the position for 10-15 seconds and switch legs.
Exercise loads all the muscles of the legs, is basic for weight loss.
- Starting position: stand straight, feet shoulder-width apart, toes look forward, slightly turned outward, gaze is directed in front of you;
- Go down, bending your knees, do not round your back;
- At the end of the movement, the hips should be parallel to the floor, preferably so that the shoulders do not go beyond the line of the knees.
Sit down 10-15 times and rest. The first few sessions are best done in front of a mirror to control the angle of the body and the depth of the squat.https://www.youtube.com/embed/t8fUlq53Z8s
Lunges are a harder version of the squat that works the glutes better and puts an increased load on the quads. How to lunges forward:
- Take a standard starting position for squats, step in front with your right foot;
- Transfer the main body weight to your right leg and bend it at the knee until the knee of your left leg touches the floor;
- Straighten the first leg and again take the starting position, repeat all actions with the left leg.
Hands are always at the waist or behind the head, the main thing is that they do not interfere with squatting and help maintain balance if they lead to the side.https://www.youtube.com/embed/h30HX_xkeGE
Reverse hyperextension lying on the floor
The exercise serves to pump the gluteal muscles and give them a beautiful shape:
- Lie on the floor on your stomach, place your hands under you;
- Without lifting your upper body off the floor, raise one or both legs as high as possible;
- When doing, focus on the tension of the buttocks;
- Hold at the top point for 5-10 seconds and return to the starting position.
What else is important when losing weight in the legs?
It’s hard to keep your diet, take time out for daily exercise, and stick to all the other rules at the same time. If you find it difficult to drastically change your usual lifestyle, include the recommendations given in the schedule gradually.
- Move more – walk instead of using an elevator, escalator, taxi, do work while standing, prefer active rest instead of watching TV in the evening.
- Gradually increase the load – do not get hung up on the same set of workouts. As soon as it becomes easy for you, move on to the next level of practice.
- Do stretching exercises – pull the toes of your legs towards you, try to sit on a split, perform lateral bends with straight legs.
- Train regularly – avoid skipping classes due to laziness or lack of quick results. Everyone has a different metabolic rate, you probably just need more time for the hip exercises to work.
- Do a massage – after any load, the body needs time to recover. A good massage in the salon or at home will help accelerate tissue regeneration and will be a great stimulus to re-workout.
- Take a cool shower to avoid feeling very tired after exercise. The lukewarm water helps to tone the muscles and speeds up the metabolism, which improves the efficiency of the workout.
When you become accustomed to doing workouts, adherence to physical activity and a menu of proper nutrition, move on to more complex workouts, which include not only exercises for slimming legs and hips, but also allow you to develop muscle strength.
Workout program for a week on legs
You can move on to the next types of workouts after you feel that the load is getting low.
- Home lesson that includes exercises for fast weight loss of legs and is suitable for beginners:
- Another home workout, but for a more advanced level:
- For training in the gym, if you have not previously attended fitness
- An advanced dumbbell workout for those who want a beautiful glute and are ready to work on it.
If the load at home is not enough for you, but you do not want to go to the gym, do 2 or 3 circles of exercises from the proposed video. To complicate exercises for slim legs at home or in the gym, take a weight – a dumbbell, a small kettlebell, a backpack with a load, or other.
Don’t exercise every day – quads and calves should rest between workouts. If you have access to a gym, you can do this: on Monday, do the first light home workout, on Wednesday, go to the gym, on Friday, train again on video at home. A prerequisite is not to miss classes without a clear reason. It is allowed not to go to workout if you are really sick or do not feel well.
Additional pre-workout tips
- Do not overdo it. If you do all the exercises in a row, trying to do more, faster, harder, you will not achieve the effect in a short time. The only thing that awaits you is fatigue, overexertion, disappointment. Perform tasks in stages, weigh yourself and measure the volume of the hip circumference no more than 1 time per week.
- Do not use weights unnecessarily. The extra weight increases the effectiveness of the exercise, but can cause knee pain.
- Concentrate and take your time. All exercises to lose weight legs are performed at an average pace. As you lose weight and increase muscle strength, you can alternate between regular workouts and exercises in the gym, as well as accelerate the pace of execution.
The alternation of the speed of the exercises will additionally load the respiratory system and speed up the metabolism.